This time with a plate to make a sauce. My mother usually does it to accompany her with some chicken drumsticks and boiled potatoes (so it is said, in the Canary Islands, to the cooked potatoes of the peninsula)
We begin …!
- 1 saucepan
- 1 knife
- 1 wooden spoon (or spatula)
- [OPTIONAL] Chicken thighs whose skin has been removed. As many as you want. To make the sauce you don’t need chicken thighs.
- 1 large onion Cut into julienne.
- 1 red pepper Cut in circles across.
- Ripe tomatoes chopped. As many as you want. With 2-3 it is more than enough. Remove the seeds, leaving your interior clean of them.
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped very finely. Also to taste.
- 1 bay leaf. Wash it previously.
- A little thyme.
- ground cumin
- Oil. Olive preferably.
- White wine. With glass it will be necessary.
- A pinch of sweet paprika.
- You put the chicken thighs in the pan with a little oil in the bottom of it.
- Pour water.
- Pour the tomato, pepper, onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, ground cumin.
- Let it boil.
- When it is boiling, pour the glass of white wine.
- Pour the salt.
- Lower the heat and try until you are at ease.
End of the recipe. It’s as simple as it is … and the good thing about this recipe!
- Accompany the thighs of boiled potatoes (cooked potatoes) and good bread.
- Thanks to my mother, who teaches me, when I can, these abundant recipes.